Last Updated: January 22, 2021
TANIUM PRACTICES REGARDING YOUR PRIVACY
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY TANIUM
Personal Information: In some cases, we collect information that you may choose to provide to us and in other cases we may collect personal information automatically. In other cases, we may collect information about you under the authority and direction of our customers, who are corporate entities.
Information collected through our website: Certain parts of our website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details (such as your name, email address and phone number) if you request a demo or whitepaper from us, or if you otherwise contact us by email using a contact form on the website. To access certain features of the websites, we collect login credentials and passwords in order to verify user authorization to access such features.
Information collected when you communicate with us (by email, mail, fax, or other means): We collect the personal information contained within, and associated with, your correspondence with us. If you communicate with us via a phone call from us, we may record that call.
Information collected from our customers: We collect personal information about you as a representative of our customers, who are corporate entities, including business contact information such as your name, job title, company name, address, phone number, email address or username and password in the course of providing you with the requested services.
We also may acquire personal information in limited situations. Our customers may send their data to us, such as for technical support requests or for product improvement purposes. Customers using our cloud service may upload personal information to our platform. We only process such data strictly in line with the agreements in place with such customers, who determine which information to upload.
Job applicants: We may also collect your contact details (such as your name, phone number, email address and address) and employment details if you send us a CV, resume or other details of your employment history in connection with an advertised Tanium job vacancy or a general enquiry regarding employment opportunities with us.
Office visitors: If you visit our offices, we may ask you to register as a visitor and to provide your name, email address, phone number, company name, and time and date of arrival. We may ask you to show proof of your identity. Additionally, to ensure the safety and security of our employees and to protect our confidential information against unauthorized access, our offices may use cameras to record video and audio at our offices’ access points and common-area corridors.
Information that we collect automatically
Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources (including content syndication vendors, data aggregators, and advertisers), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
The types of information we collect from third parties include name, company, role, location, and topics of interest, and we use the information we receive from these third parties to maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you and to communicate with you about any relevant products or services.
HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS USED
The information that Tanium collects automatically through cookies and other similar technologies is used for analytics purposes, marketing and sales efforts to better target advertisements and other content in an effort to create a more personally relevant experience. The information is also used to predict responses to advertisements, and to help determine which advertisements perform best and which content is most appropriate for different individuals.
The personal information that you voluntarily provide to us or is otherwise provided to us by our customers may be used to provide you with the requested services, to manage your account and to respond to your enquiries, to provide support to our customers, and to improve and develop our products and services. Your information may also be used for marketing purposes. This use may result in follow-up communications from Tanium, in accordance with your communications preferences. In addition, as discussed in the section above, that information may be combined with information collected from other sources to assist with targeting advertisements to your preferences and behaviors, and for other Tanium sales and marketing efforts.
For information on how to opt-out and unsubscribe from our marketing communications, please read the “Your Choice And Rights” section below.
The personal information provided to us by customers using our cloud service will be used to provide the hosted service and processed in accordance with the agreements we have in place with those customers.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION (EEA OR THE UNITED KINGDOM VISITORS ONLY)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
In relation to our cloud service, those relevant customers are responsible for determining the appropriate legal basis for using your personal information.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “CONTACTING US” heading below.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- with third-party business partners, such as distributors, managed services providers, and global system integrators, who are involved in providing services to our prospects and/or customers, to fulfill product and information requests and to provide customers and prospective customers with information about Tanium and its products and services. From time to time, we may engage in joint sales and marketing activities with select business partners. If you purchase or specifically express an interest in a jointly-offered product or service, or participate in a joint-marketing activity, we may share relevant personal information with those partner(s). Where you have given your consent to do so, these business partners may send you marketing communications about their own products and services. Please be aware that we do not control our business partners’ use of such information. Our partners are responsible for managing their own use of the personal information collected in these circumstances. We recommend you review the privacy notices of the relevant partner to find out more about their handling of your personal information.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Wherever your personal information may be held within Tanium or on its behalf, we intend to take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the information you shared with us from access or disclosure not in compliance with this Policy. Please note that while Tanium will make reasonable efforts to protect your information, no transmission of data over the Internet is 100% secure.
YOUR CHOICE AND RIGHTS
You have the following data protection choice and rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Us” heading below and by providing us with the name of the service for which information was provided, your full name, mailing address, phone number and email address so that we may identify you.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Economic Area or the UK, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, surveys or promotional communications via email, you may opt-out by clicking here and following the instructions to unsubscribe. You can also exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you or by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Us” heading below. Please be aware that even after you opt-out from receiving our newsletters, surveys or promotional communications, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us, for example, in relation to a demo or other services you have requested from us.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area and UK are available here.)
- Where we are processing your data on our cloud service it is our customer, not Tanium, that is responsible for responding to your requests. Any such requests will be passed on to our relevant customer (usually your employer).
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and similar laws applicable to websites directed at people under 16 years of age, www.tanium.com is not structured to attract children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 16 years of age. The web site and its content are directed to people who are at least 16 years of age or older. If you are under the age of 16, you may not use this web site unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers.
Specifically, our website servers are located in the United States, and our group companies and third-party service providers and partners operate around the world, including in the United States. This means that when we collect your personal information, we may process it in any of these countries.
If you would like to learn more about how we comply with data export rules or see our Standard Contractual Clauses, please contact us using the contact details below.
Tanium, Inc. has certified its compliance with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks as set forth by the US Department of Commerce with respect to personal information concerning individuals from the EEA, UK and Switzerland. Please see our Privacy Shield Notice to learn more. While Tanium, Inc. is no longer relying on the Privacy Shield as an appropriate safeguard for data transfers, it maintains its compliance with the privacy standards as set out in the Privacy Shield that is still supported and administered by the US Department of Commerce.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to fulfill your orders or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. Our data retention policy can be provided on request.
Where we are processing your data on our cloud services, we will retain your data in accordance with our agreement with our relevant customer.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
2100 Powell Street
Emeryville, CA 94608
The data controller of Tanium EEA and UK residents’ personal information is Tanium Inc., 3550 Carillon Point, Kirkland, Washington, 98033.
With respect to Tanium Inc., you may contact its representative in the EEA for data protection matters using the following details: email [email protected] or alternatively by postal address to Tanium Netherlands B.V., EEA Representative (Data Protection), Barbara Strozzilaan 201, 1083HN Amsterdam, Netherlands. To contact its UK representative, email [email protected] or alternatively by postal address you can write to Tanium UK Ltd, UK Representative (Data Protection), Green Park, 450 Brook Drive, Reading, RG2 6GP, UK.