Last Updated: January 8, 2020 Tanium™ is a trademark and registered trademark of Tanium Inc. (“Tanium”) in the United States and other countries. Additionally, Tanium has rights in other trademarks such as the Tanium logo. Tanium takes the protection of our trademarks very seriously. To maintain the goodwill that Tanium has developed in the marketplace, its trademarks must be used with permission and properly in all contexts. These Tanium Trademark Usage Guidelines (“Guidelines”) are intended for its partners, customers, consultants, and any third party authorized to use any trademark owned by Tanium in any promotional, commercial, educational or reference material. If you have any questions about a specific trademark or logo usage, or would like further information regarding these Guidelines, please contact us at: [email protected].
GENERAL GUIDELINESThese Guidelines are general in nature and not intended to be an exhaustive list of Tanium’s trademark rights. Tanium reserves all rights in its trademarks, including rights not expressly reflected herein. The goodwill derived from any authorized use of a Tanium trademark inures solely to Tanium’s benefit. Tanium may update these Guidelines from time to time. Please refer back to these Guidelines before publishing your use of Tanium trademarks to ensure your compliance. Unless you receive advance written consent from Tanium, or Tanium grants you the right to use a trademark through a written agreement, you may not use any Tanium trademark. Even if we grant such consent, we reserve the right to modify or revoke the consent in our sole discretion unless otherwise prohibited in a separate agreement. If you are a licensee of one or more Tanium trademarks, please consult your agreement with Tanium for any additional or different requirements applicable to your use. You are subject to additional guidelines such as the Tanium Logo Style Guide (request via [email protected]) outlining prohibited and permitted uses of Tanium trademarks, including written requirements for the size, typeface, colors, and other graphical characteristics for each. Any such additional guidelines merely supplement and do not replace these general guidelines. Tanium requires you to abide by these Guidelines as well as any and all applicable supplementary guidelines. You must comply with any Tanium request to correct, remedy or discontinue any use of a Tanium trademark that is determined by Tanium to be improper. Tanium shall not be liable to you for any damages arising out of the use of the Tanium trademarks pursuant to these Guidelines, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, exemplary, or otherwise. HOW TO USE TANIUM’S TRADEMARKS As much as practicable, Tanium trademarks must be used as either proper adjectives or proper nouns as each appears in the Tanium Trademark List below, followed respectively by either: (a) the name of the product module the trademark modifies (for example, “Tanium Patch”); or (b) a general description of the product (for example, “The Tanium platform provides unparalleled visibility and control across globally distributed endpoints.”). Use the letters TM in superscript, ™, to represent the Tanium trademark when referencing the Tanium platform or Tanium product modules. For example:
- the Tanium™ platform; or
- Tanium™ Patch
- You may not abbreviate, adapt, alter, modify, translate or animate any Tanium trademark (for example, do not abbreviate Tanium to TNM), nor use it in plural, possessive, or modified form.
- You may not combine any Tanium trademark with any letters, numbers, words, designs, or trademarks of other companies.
- You may not use any Tanium trademarks in any way that states or implies an endorsement of your product or service.
- You may not use Tanium’s trademarks in a manner that dilutes, tarnishes or otherwise conflicts with Tanium’s ability to use and/or enforce its trademarks, even if such use is under license.
- You may not use Tanium’s trademarks in a manner or location that is disparaging, defamatory or libelous to Tanium, its products and services or any person or entity. References to the Tanium trademarks must be truthful, accurate and not misleading.
- You may not display any Tanium trademark in connection with any publication, website or materials that are obscene, pornographic, violent, in poor taste, unlawful, intended to encourage unlawful activities, or intended to encourage the breach of any subscription agreement or security measure of Tanium.
- You may not use a Tanium trademark or any word or phrase similar to a Tanium trademark in any domain name or as meta tags or hidden text in any web site.
- You may not purchase any Tanium trademark or tag line as an ad word or advertising key word from any search engine, social media forum, or other online venue. Additionally, your company name, product or services names, logos, designs and other trademarks, publications, domain names and branding materials must:
- Not incorporate any Tanium logo, design or other trademark in the name or logo of your company, product, service or domain except under express written license;
- Not be confusingly similar to any Tanium trademark, including any misspelling, phonetic equivalent, abbreviation, foreign language translation or word that rhymes with or sounds like any Tanium trademark;
- Not copy or imitate the trade dress used by Tanium in whole or in part, including the visual design of the Tanium branding and marketing collateral, the look and feel of the Tanium website or any Tanium web property, color combinations, typography, formatting, graphic design or imagery associated with Tanium’s products, services, publications or branding;
- Not directly or indirectly express or imply a sponsorship, affiliation, partnership, certification, approval or endorsement with Tanium in relation to your product or service or in such a manner that it appears that Tanium is legally associated with your company except as expressly provided in an advance written license agreement;
- Not display the Tanium trademarks without your own mark also present or otherwise make them the visual focal point of your materials, nor display them more prominently or larger than your own marks and designs or other designs, marks, or trade designs;
- Not crowd the Tanium trademarks with other designs, marks or trade names such that it is not clearly recognizable; or
- Not use Tanium trademarks in a way that may be seen by customers or the public to be a part of or an extension of Tanium.