Tanium™ Trademark Usage Guidelines
Tanium takes the protection of our trademarks very seriously. To maintain the goodwill that Tanium has developed in the marketplace, its trademarks must be used properly in all contexts. These Tanium Trademark Usage Guidelines reflect the established trademark rights of Tanium and are intended for its partners, customers, consultants, and any third party wishing to use any trademark owned by, or conflicting with, rights of Tanium in any promotional, commercial, educational or reference material. If you have any questions about a specific trademark or logo usage, or would like further information regarding these Guidelines, please contact us at: email@example.com.
These Guidelines are general in nature and not intended to be an exhaustive list of Tanium’s trademark rights. Tanium reserves all rights in its trademark and copyright assets, including rights not expressly reflected herein. The goodwill derived from your use of a Tanium trademark inures solely to Tanium’s benefit.
As Tanium continues to grow, it may be necessary to update these Guidelines from time to time. Please refer back to these Guidelines before publishing your use of Tanium trademarks to ensure your compliance. Unless described below as permitted use, you may not use any trademark asset of Tanium without written content from Tanium.
If you are a licensee to one or more Tanium trademarks, please consult your agreement with Tanium for any additional or different requirements applicable to your use. You may have received additional guidelines outlining prohibited and permitted uses of Tanium trademarks and copyrights, including written requirements for the size, typeface, colors, and other graphical characteristics for each. Any such additional guidelines merely supplement and do not replace these general guidelines. Tanium requires you to abide by these Guidelines as well as any and all applicable supplementary guidelines.
You must comply with a Tanium request to correct, remedy or discontinue any use of a Tanium trademark that is determined by Tanium to be improper under these Guidelines.
Use of Tanium Company Name
Tanium Inc. is a company or trade name. When you refer to Tanium as a company, please use the incorporated designation (i.e., “Tanium Inc.”) with the first or most prominent reference, and do not use a trademark symbol. Tanium’s company name may be abbreviated to Tanium in subsequent references. Examples of references to Tanium as a company include identifying Tanium as the owner of the Tanium platform and associated product modules, and providing our contact information, including our address, at the end of a communication. The only acceptable usage of Tanium without the incorporated designation is if, in the context, it is clear that Tanium is in reference to the company.
Use of Tanium Trademarks
You may use Tanium’s trademarks, in word form only, strictly as each appears in the Tanium Trademark List below, to refer to the Tanium platform or Tanium product module associated with that trademark and to accurately describe how your product or service relates to the Tanium platform or a Tanium product module. Use the letters TM in superscript, ™, to represent the Tanium trademark when referencing the Tanium platform or Tanium product modules. For example:
- The Tanium™ platform
- Tanium IOC Detect™ (product module name)
You must include the TM symbol along with the Tanium name upon the first use of the trademark, whether the first use occurs in the title or in the text of the work. If you are allowed to use the Tanium logo, then the inclusion of the logo containing the appropriate TM symbol will also suffice for a first use of the mark if the logo is an embodiment of the trademarked word. For partners, customers, consultants, or any third parties using the Tanium trademark, all references to the Tanium platform or product modules must include the Tanium name with the appropriate trademark symbol.
Do not abbreviate, adapt, alter, modify, translate or animate any Tanium trademark (for example, do not abbreviate Tanium to TNM), nor use it in plural or modified form. Do not combine any Tanium trademark with any letters, numbers, words, or designs. Do not alter the spelling or capitalization. Do not incorporate Tanium trademarks in your company’s name, product title, publication, conference title, or domain name.
As much as practicable, Tanium trademarks must be used as either proper adjectives or proper nouns, followed respectively by either: (a) the name of the product module the trademark modifies (for example, “Tanium IOC Detect™”); or (b) a general description of the product (for example, the “Tanium™ platform provides 15 second visibility and control across millions of globally distributed endpoints.”).
When referencing a Tanium trademark in any website, publication, or other promotional material in the U.S. and abroad, you must always include appropriate trademark attribution language for the mark(s) you reference acknowledging Tanium’s ownership of the trademark. For example, “Tanium and the Tanium logo are trademarks and registered trademarks of Tanium Inc.”
You may not use Tanium’s trademarks in a manner that dilutes, tarnishes or otherwise conflicts with Tanium’s ability to use and/or enforce its trademarks, even if such use is under license.
Your company name, product or services names, logos, designs and other trademarks, publications, domain names and branding materials must:
- Not incorporate any Tanium logo, design or other trademark in the name or logo of your company, product, service or domain except under express written license;
- Not be confusingly similar to any Tanium trademark, including any misspelling, phonetic equivalent, abbreviation, foreign language translation or word that rhymes with or sounds like any Tanium trademark;
- Not copy or imitate the trade dress used by Tanium in whole or in part, including the visual design of the Tanium branding and marketing collateral, the look and feel of the Tanium website or any Tanium web property, color combinations, typography, formatting, graphic design or imagery associated with Tanium’s products, services, publications or branding;
- Not directly or indirectly express or imply Tanium sponsorship, affiliation, partnership, certification, approval or endorsement in relation to your product or service or in such a manner that it appears that Tanium is legally associated with your company except as expressly provided in a license agreement;
- Not directly or indirectly express or imply that Tanium created, supports or endorses your product or service;
- Not display the Tanium trademarks without your own mark also present or otherwise make them the visual focal point of your materials, nor display them more prominently or larger than your own marks and designs;
- Not crowd the Tanium trademarks with other designs, marks or trade names such that it is not clearly recognizable and distinguishable.
- Not use trademarks that rhyme with or sound like any Tanium trademark in your company’s name, or that may be seen by customers or the public to be a part of or an extension of Tanium.
You may not use Tanium’s trademarks in a manner or location that is disparaging, defamatory or libelous to Tanium, its products and services or any person or entity.
References to the Tanium trademarks must be truthful, accurate and not misleading.
No Tanium trademark may be displayed in connection with any publication, website or materials that are obscene, pornographic, violent, in poor taste, unlawful, intended to encourage unlawful activities, or intended to encourage the breach of any subscription agreement or security measure of Tanium.
Except with the express written permission of Tanium, which permission may be withdrawn if you violate these guidelines or any supplementary logo style guidelines that may apply:
- You may not use a Tanium trademark or any word or phrase similar to a Tanium trademark in any domain name or as meta tags or hidden text in any web site.
- You may not purchase any Tanium trademark or tag line as an ad word or advertising key word from any search engine, social media forum, or other online venue.
You may use the Tanium trademark in word form only to reference the compatibility of your application, integration or plug-in with the Tanium platform or Tanium product modules provided that it does in fact function as described. In addition to the other requirements described herein, your notice must be made in a referential manner, such as “integrated into”, “integrated with”, “for use with,” “for” or “compatible with” the Tanium platform. For example: “[your product name] integrates into the Tanium™ platform.” Unless you are classified as a strategic alliance partner of Tanium, you may only use terminology in your materials that relates to technology integration. You must not imply a strategic alliance, partnership or other agreement. Written consent of any use of Tanium trademarks must be obtained from Tanium prior to use in written materials or verbal communications.
Use of any Tanium logo, design or graphic is prohibited except in accordance with written consent from Tanium and in accordance with the Tanium Logo Style Guide. Do not alter any Tanium logo with respect to color, font or any other design element. Refer to the Tanium Logo Style Guide for specific guidance. To request use of the Tanium logo, please forward your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tanium will evaluate the request and may ask for additional information. If approval is granted, you will be sent a written authorization to use the logo, electronic artwork, as well as the Tanium Logo Style Guide. The Tanium name, trademark, logo, or any other confusingly similar marks are not to be used without prior written consent by Tanium.
Tanium Trademark List:
Tanium IOC Detect™
Tanium Incident Response™