Our annual CONVERGE user conference is your place to share ideas, learn from your peers, work closely with us to shape the direction of our product, and make your organization stronger than ever. Here’s what we have in store for you at CONVERGE17.
The greatest power of Tanium is the community of people who use it. In the past year, we have seen your power at work in ways large and small as we help transform cybersecurity and IT operations for organizations around the world.
At our second annual CONVERGE user conference, October 16-19 at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco, you’ll connect with peers, Tanium power users, industry leaders, and product experts to learn best practices and tips to extend your use of Tanium in novel ways. The industry’s best and brightest minds will take the stage during our general session to share their insights and provide real-world guidance you can put into action as soon as you return to your desk.
We chose our theme this year, “Control Your Future,” with you in mind, because we know it reflects the technological and human challenges our customers face every day. In a world in which cybersecurity threats are multiplying exponentially, in an era in which all the rules of IT operations are being rewritten on the fly, it’s challenging enough to keep ahead of your day-to-day responsibilities. Together, we face a future bursting with new technology – including Internet of Things (IoT) devices, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, and machine learning – and we are only beginning to see how these will transform our work and our personal lives.
Our general sessions at Tanium CONVERGE17 are designed to arm you with information you can use to make sense of our current state and prepare for a successful future. The lineup includes:
- A fireside chat with investor/entrepreneur Marc Andreessen and Peter Diamandis, founder and chairman of The X Prize Foundation, about the trends shaping the future of technology and innovation;
- A fireside chat with Tanium CMO Scott Rubin and Hulu founding CEO Jason Kilar about how to control your future in an out-of-control world;
- Chris Novak, Co-Founder and Global Director of the Verizon Threat Research Advisory Center, who will give us a view into the cyber threat landscape and discuss how the annual Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report comes together;
- Denise Zheng, VP of The Business Roundtable, who will host a panel discussion on Nation-State Hacking featuring national security analyst Fran Townsend and Suzanne Spaulding, a former high-level cybersecurity official at the Department of Homeland Security;
- Nicole Perlroth, New York Times cybersecurity reporter, who will give us a behind-the-scenes look at her spring 2018 book “This Is How They Tell Me The World Ends”;
- Tanium founder/CEO [Orion Hindawi](https://www.tanium.com/team/orion-hindawi/), who will share his vision for the future of cybersecurity and IT operations in a fireside chat with Fortune’s Robert Hackett; and
- Members of our executive leadership team — including CTO Chris Bream, Chief Customer Officer Charles Ross, Chief Revenue Officer Mark Wayland, and Head of Product Management Joe Lea — who will provide detailed looks at what the future holds for our company and our products.
CONVERGE17: Built With You In Mind
More than 450 Tanium customers, partners, and team members from around the world attended our first annual CONVERGE conference. Based on attendee feedback, this year we have:
- Increased the number and variety of our breakout sessions and Hands-on Labs to meet the needs of novice and expert users alike;
- Created dedicated tracks for IT operations and security professionals; and
- Built more time into the schedule for you to connect with your peers.
At the conference, you’ll have access to 37 breakout sessions featuring Tanium customers, partners, and our own technical experts. You’ll have the option to participate in hands-on training in the latest developments for the Tanium platform and modules during our 20 labs taught by our world-class team of technical experts, covering topics like incident response and RBAC.
Throughout CONVERGE17, you’ll have the chance to meet with our product management and engineering teams in our pop-up Endpoint Lounge, located on the second floor of the Palace Hotel. Here, you’ll be able to ask your trickiest questions and log feedback directly with the people who can make the changes. The Endpoint Lounge is also the place where you can be the first to check out our brand new Tanium User Community website. The website will be your resource for collaborating with peers, sharing ideas, asking questions, and finding answers 24x7x365. We need your help to make the site as valuable as possible, so please stop by the “User Community” kiosk at the Endpoint Lounge for a tour of the community site and to share your feedback.
CONVERGE17 is your place to share ideas, learn from your peers, work closely with us to shape the direction of the product, and make your organization stronger than ever. The power of CONVERGE is really about the power of you.
About the Author: Scott Rubin is Chief Marketing Officer at Tanium, where he is responsible for marketing, communications, public affairs, and public policy. Prior to Tanium, Scott was a partner at the venture capital firm, Andreessen Horowitz, where he advised portfolio companies on their communications and brand strategies. Before joining Andreessen Horowitz, Scott was a director at Google, where he served on both the public policy and communications teams, most recently managing global corporate communications.