Encryption of data at rest is essential for securing portable endpoints (e.g. laptops) in the event they are lost, stolen or inappropriately decommissioned. It isn’t optional; it’s a fundamental security control, and most compliance regulations today, such as HIPAA and PCI, require the use of encryption to protect sensitive data.
Traditionally, organizations relied on purchasing third-party tools to encrypt data, but today operating systems (OS) offer strong native security controls, including disk encryption. Nonetheless, managing these policies gets extremely complicated at scale.
What’s new to Tanium Protect
That’s why we’re pleased to announce Drive Encryption Management as part of our latest update to Tanium Protect, enabling organizations to easily manage and enforce native OS security policies using the speed and accuracy of Tanium.
Tanium offers a lightweight approach to managing and enforcing endpoint security policies, avoids agent bloat, minimizes impact to overall performance, and circumvents the challenges common to slower, antiquated management tools. Now with Protect, organizations of any size can take advantage of these native OS security controls using a single console.
With Protect you can:
- Easily manage and enforce policies on local and remote endpoints.
- Create policies to block malicious network connections and applications.
- Keep endpoints safe with comprehensive antivirus protection.
- Strengthen security posture with full disk encryption and removable media control.
- Remediate security incidents before they cause significant business impact.
The updated Tanium Protect will be available Summer 2019. Learn more about Tanium Protect.