Tanium Converge 2022 Draws Cybersecurity Industry Leaders from around the World and Showcases New Feature Suite of Enhanced IT, Risk, and Security Capabilities
Company expands award-winning XEM platform and builds on its ability to provide visibility, control, and security in real-time at scale
KIRKLAND, Wash., November 22, 2022 – Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), announced today highlights and key takeaways from its seventh annual Converge conference, held last week in Austin.
Thousands of global IT and security professionals representing nearly 60 different countries gathered in person and virtually to attend numerous keynote presentations, breakout sessions, and technical labs led by over one hundred industry experts. Featured customers included Williams Sonoma, Little Caesars, Siemens, Honeywell, Genpact, National Grid, Caesars Entertainment, Frasers Group, PNC Bank, and more; global partners such as Microsoft, AWS, PwC, Deep Instinct, Optiv, and others were also on hand.
In an opening keynote, Tanium CEO and Co-Founder Orion Hindawi underscored a key theme of the three-day conference and the cornerstone of the company’s continued success and consistent growth: partnerships. “I want Tanium to stand with you,” said Hindawi. “Our mission is to anticipate and adapt to the needs of our customers, and working hand-in-hand with our partners is the only way to achieve that goal and provide the visibility needed to confront the threats of today – and tomorrow.”
Tanium showcased a suite of new features and enhancements to its award-winning XEM platform that empowers customers to ensure all endpoints – even in complex IT environments – are identified, secured, compliant, and in their desired state at all times. Highlights include:
- Benchmark: An industry-first solution that delivers real-time, holistic assessments of security and operational risk that helps customers establish a baseline for ongoing risk measurement, allowing them to take immediate action to remediate risk in their environments
- Software bill of materials (SBOM): The first and only solution that delivers IT and security teams granular visibility and real-time remediation of software supply-chain risks for every application on every endpoint, allowing organizations to protect digital assets against external threats stemming from open-source software
- Tanium screen-sharing services: Provides customers with seamlessly integrated screen-sharing capabilities; enterprise grade security and compliance; cross-platform support; and fine-grained, role-based access controls, requiring zero maintenance and deployment and centralizing previously disparate tools for an integrated experience
- Provision: Delivers bare-metal provisioning for new devices or devices that need to be rebuilt remotely with no user interaction and no additional infrastructure, allowing IT teams to work more efficiently and achieve up to 85% time and cost savings
- Additional enhancements to risk and compliance capabilities including asset criticality, which provides organizations with enhanced prioritization and sorting capabilities for remediation and performance, in addition to platform improvements.
“Six out of 10 ransomware attacks start at the endpoint or involve end-user actions,” said IDC Research Vice President Michael Suby, who discussed research featured at the conference. “XEM awareness is nearly universal at this point, with organizations across industries recognizing the value it provides in reducing operational complexity, accelerating tool and cost reduction, yielding higher staff productivity, and improving cybersecurity outcomes.”
Converge attendees also experienced:
- A keynote presentation from best-selling author and visionary Malcolm Gladwell, who discussed the paradigm shift from a strong-link to a weak-link system and the implications of doing so across industries, especially security
- A session from Forrester Principal Analyst Renee Murphy, who used pop culture analogies and 10 emerging cross-industry trends to dig deeper into endpoint security and risk management
- Keynote panel sessions with partners and customers like Hermès, Capgemini, Accenture, Raytheon, Aon, Microsoft, EY, and Mandiant
To catch up on everything you missed from the conference, tune in on demand or visit the Tanium blog.
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium unifies teams and workflows and protects every endpoint from cyber threats by integrating IT, Compliance, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for seven consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
+ 1 214.562.1521